Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Show Season Has Now Started So Check Out The UK EVENTS Section For All The Details & Put Your Names Down

My little GTS

Go down 
+16
moleman
chloe
tiny
muffdiver
InfernoMegane225
pug206gti
Supra_dan
Stevo
melissa
bimmer badman
scotty
BMR-Linz
Omardalegend
xbexi_boox
tintin
Monster_GTS
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
tintin

tintin

Number of posts : 1362
Registration date : 2008-04-02

Character sheet
cruisers: up little boys bums!!!!

My little GTS - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My little GTS   My little GTS - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 10:38 pm

SKYLINE OWNERS LIKE DOING IT SIDEWAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tintinit.co.uk / www.pimpinit.co.uk n here!!!! :P
Stevo
Secondary Admin
Stevo

Number of posts : 940
Drives:. : LIKE HE STOWL IT....obviously not
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: My little GTS   My little GTS - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 10:40 pm

Im guna have to watch this sideways action....sounds fun
Back to top Go down
Monster_GTS
----Redlining ALL the way----
Monster_GTS

Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2008-04-10

Character sheet
cruisers: More BOOST!

PostSubject: Re: My little GTS   My little GTS - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 6:21 pm

Well its been a while since i updated this thread and as the weather has been great a few items have been fitted.

First to come off was the Hicas and on went a lockout bar courtesy of Japspeed.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Then next was my steering rack bushes to come off, they serious weren't in a good way.

On went some nice new poly bushes from Conceptua, cheers chris.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The back end + steering feel more solid now and a lot better on track.

Then there's the rear strut brace

Can't get a pic of the underneath front strut brace as its hidden by the underneath engine cover.

This is the new swirl pot system
It works by the pressurised rad cap goes on the swirl pot and a basic cap goes on the rad, top pipe goes to your over flow tank, your 2 bleed pipes and rad pipe go to the top of the swirl pot as there the highest points so are used to remove the air.

Then there's a drain out the bottom of the tank which connects back into the block.

Next is the PAS cooler

Again very easy to connect up, the pipe that goes into the PAS tank from the rack now goes into the cooler first and then you just run a pipe straight out of the cooler back to the tank so the fluids nice and cooled so no more over heated fluid spewing out of the tank.

Last few recent new additions have been;

A rear blade lift kit, with this in place angled down it should catch more air coming over the car allowing for more greater rear down force.

I've now also treated myself for track days to some Kei D1 lightweight alloys in black and had some lovely Khumo V700 medium compound track tyres wrapped around them (very sticky).

I will at some point get round to fitting the NOS kit and my next purchase a light weight one piece prop.
Back to top Go down
http://www.skylineowners.com
Stevo
Secondary Admin
Stevo

PostSubject: Re: My little GTS   My little GTS - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 9:59 pm

Laughing Love this car! Great watching it out on track! 'shes coming along nicely' is an understatement!

New wheels look great and the tyres.....better lol
Back to top Go down
Monster_GTS
Monster_GTS

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: My little GTS   My little GTS - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 10:29 am

Well its been a while since i updated this but you know me I just can't stop modifying.

Soooo most recent has been a new EGT gauge to keep an eye on whats going on inside the engine/exhaust/turbo.

Second job was I bypassed the hot water going through the throttle body, It might not do a lot but every little bit helps.
Third I'm about to fit my new autosauras 1 piece lightweight prop, looking forward to the difference this will make and why she's up in the air having that fitted we are also going to change the rear subframe bushes for some nice new Super pro ones as OH MY GOD how badly shot are the old std ones.

Finally this friday she was remapped as last time she was on the rollers for a figure/mapped a bit she had two snapped studs and a cracked turbine housing, so we can see if at all shes making anymore power.
She ended up kicking out 431.2bhp & 386.7ft/lbs not bad for a 130,000+ mile engine.

Between now and xmas I plan to fit some more new Super pro bushes, ideally the front and rear lower arms along with the tension rods and a nice shiny braided clutch line.

Will get some pics and post them up.
Back to top Go down
RAFScouse

RAFScouse

Number of posts : 1213
Drives:. : THE Camo Skyline
Registration date : 2008-05-02

Character sheet
cruisers: HHR Andover 1st June 08 / Hants cc Meet 8th June 08 / South West Motor Show 08 / PIH and SC Meet Nov 08/ Fast Show Mar 09/ PIH Tidworth Meet Mar 09 / USC Sep 09 / PIH Meet Oct 09/

PostSubject: Re: My little GTS   My little GTS - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 10:31 am

NICE!! jealousy.com
Back to top Go down
Monster_GTS
Monster_GTS

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: My little GTS   My little GTS - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 5:10 pm

Well I guess its that time for another update, don't want you lot thinking i'm not doing anything to the old girl.

First thing I've done is have some polycarbonate side windows and rear screen fitted, helps save a bit of weight on the old girl.

Next was time to brighten up the engine bay, thanks to our forum member rossmcleod for doing my PAS tank mount, Rad brackets and bonnet stay.

While doing that I also decided to raise the bonnet, to allow some extra heat out while on track.

Now for the bad bits, the poor old girl has had quite a battering this year from all the track days and while at the last track day I noticed the brakes weren't to hot, after further investigation today the front and rear pads are right on the limit but worst of all the rear discs are cracked.

Also I noticed she was leaning a bit more than usual and was getting a bit of steering wheel shake when braking heavy, I soon realised quickly today why.

Anyone notice whats up?

A nice snapped drop link, the other side is about to give way to.

So over december its time for some repairs and upgrades, the list will be;

1) New drop links
2) Yellow stuff front pads
3) Yellow stuff rear pads
4) New Conceptua rear discs
5) New Conceptua tension rods with superpro bushes
6) New conceptua lower arms with superpro bushes
7) New conceptua upper arms with superpro bushes
Cool Fibreglass doors for even more weight saving.
Back to top Go down
RAFScouse

RAFScouse

Number of posts : 1213
Drives:. : THE Camo Skyline
Registration date : 2008-05-02

Character sheet
cruisers: HHR Andover 1st June 08 / Hants cc Meet 8th June 08 / South West Motor Show 08 / PIH and SC Meet Nov 08/ Fast Show Mar 09/ PIH Tidworth Meet Mar 09 / USC Sep 09 / PIH Meet Oct 09/

PostSubject: Re: My little GTS   My little GTS - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 10:34 am

Sounding awsome m8, shel handle a dream after all that
Back to top Go down
Monster_GTS
Monster_GTS

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: My little GTS   My little GTS - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 3:21 pm

Well this update has been well over due, as promised here's the pics of all the nice new suspension parts from coneptua tuning, BIG thanks guys.

them all fitted

Your noticed from the last 2 pics that I had the bycas modified so I can run my extended baffled sump with diff cooler

Back to top Go down
Monster_GTS
Monster_GTS

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: My little GTS   My little GTS - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 3:21 pm

Now to my current on going mods for the new year.

As a lot of you might know i've just cracked another standard manifold, this one only lasted 5 months, its my 5th manifold in 4 years.

So not really wanting to go back down the cast manifold route i've been doing some research and found that 1 keeping on my heat shields really hasn't been helping so there coming off.
Also as i'm after a bit more power I wanted to go the tublar route as the stock cast one is restictive.
Now I could go steam pipe but its £700 and not a stock mount position, next was an incenel but they are just SILLY money, final was a Ebay jobby but as they use 304 stainless its gonna crack in no time.

So after some serious reserching i've found someone who will make me a tubular one in 321 stainless steel which is FAR superior than 304 grade, rated to a min of 950 degrees.

So while doing that i'd thought i'd help the old girl out and treat her to a new bigger intercooler and Greddy style plenum

Only down side to all this is i've gotta move my water injection kit to the boot and remove my NOS solenoids and Jet but no major biggy, should have most of it finished in a week or two then take her up to RSP for some remapping.

With all this done we should just tip over 500bhp, probably gonna need a new clutch:doh:
Back to top Go down
Stevo
Secondary Admin
Stevo

PostSubject: Re: My little GTS   My little GTS - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 7:18 pm

Never seen a manifold like that before.

That front mount is decent size too Smile glad its all coming together...

500 horses.....ouch Smile what type of clutch will you need to cope with all the stress?
Back to top Go down
Monster_GTS
Monster_GTS

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: My little GTS   My little GTS - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 10:12 pm

A new one of what I've got LOL
Back to top Go down
Monster_GTS
Monster_GTS

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: My little GTS   My little GTS - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 10:15 pm

A new one of what I've got LOL
Back to top Go down
Stevo
Secondary Admin
Stevo

PostSubject: Re: My little GTS   My little GTS - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 12:47 am

DOUBLE POST EPIC FAIL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My little GTS   My little GTS - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My little GTS
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: JAP-
Jump to: