Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Show Season Has Now Started So Check Out The UK EVENTS Section For All The Details & Put Your Names Down

My BMW E36 Convertable

Go down 
+6
dean
Stevo
BMR-Linz
HuggyBear
muzzer2002
BMW Steve
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BMW Steve
Admin
BMW Steve

Number of posts : 1645
Registration date : 2008-04-11

My BMW E36 Convertable Empty
PostSubject: My BMW E36 Convertable   My BMW E36 Convertable I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 12:05 am

Well, it took a while but i have now gone and got one, i have all ways liked the BMW coupe so when this one was offered i took it for a drive and then said yes, This car started of as a 318 SI Coupe, who ever owned this has put some work in, it now has a 2lt Straight 6 lump in it and is a Alpina B3 Replica, it has M3 bumpers both front and rear and the interea has been swapped for leather seats front and rear, I have had to do a little bit of work to it and i have some Origanal M3 skirts and M3 wing mirrors going on, the wheels are 18inc Alpina replicas, it drives as sweet as a nut, there are a couple of little problems, the passenger window dosent go down that little bit to close the door and the carpet could do with being replaced and the front fogs need wiring up, apart from that iam happy with it.....

What do you think

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Laguna Steve on Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My BMW E36 Convertable   My BMW E36 Convertable I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 9:26 am

ooooooo ansome u fooken poser lol
Back to top Go down
muzzer2002

Number of posts : 70
Drives:. : wide body r33 gtr skyline 600+bhp
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: My BMW E36 Convertable   My BMW E36 Convertable I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 9:28 am

i have 2 words for that car HAIR AND DRESSER LOL
only kidding it looks sweet
Back to top Go down
HuggyBear
NW LONDON REP
HuggyBear

Number of posts : 389
Drives:. : bmw convertable
Registration date : 2008-04-10

Character sheet
cruisers: cruiser

PostSubject: Re: My BMW E36 Convertable   My BMW E36 Convertable I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 5:30 pm

nice steve welcome 2 the convertable club Cool
Back to top Go down
BMR-Linz
*** PIH PROMO GIRL ***
BMR-Linz

Number of posts : 962
Drives:. : BMW 325i
Registration date : 2008-04-05

Character sheet
cruisers: in a class of her own

PostSubject: Re: My BMW E36 Convertable   My BMW E36 Convertable I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 6:14 pm

Oh i like Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Stevo
Secondary Admin
Stevo

Number of posts : 940
Drives:. : LIKE HE STOWL IT....obviously not
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: My BMW E36 Convertable   My BMW E36 Convertable I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 9:29 pm

always loved these, just like the 325is....not sure on those angels tho
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My BMW E36 Convertable   My BMW E36 Convertable I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 10:35 pm

i want to have sex in your car...

with matt of course lmao Wink
Back to top Go down
BMW Steve
Admin
BMW Steve

PostSubject: Re: My BMW E36 Convertable   My BMW E36 Convertable I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 1:49 pm

This is what i have been up to over the weekend

This was the car several weeks ago

I have now replaced the wing mirrors with some original M3 electric mirrors Fitted some original M3 side skirts and M3 side strips

And i also took out the black leather and gave my mates light gray interea a dam good clean and fitted it, this included the door cards and the rear side trims

And i removed the rear bumper and fitted an original rear M3 bumper

I also replaced the radiator with a new one along with the top and botom hoses as well, its now running all peachey and i dont have to put 3 pints of water in it every time i drive down the road

Next, replace the carpit, replace the head lights with some from FK and put the hood from my mates M3 on mine as mine still leaks also remove the rear lowered springs and fit the correct ones as they are for a e36 sallon and notea convertable
Back to top Go down
BMR-Linz
*** PIH PROMO GIRL ***
BMR-Linz

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: My BMW E36 Convertable   My BMW E36 Convertable I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 9:23 pm

shweet huni - i want this car Wink xxx
Back to top Go down
BMW Steve
Admin
BMW Steve

PostSubject: Re: My BMW E36 Convertable   My BMW E36 Convertable I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 2:57 pm

Did a cheeky little mod to the beemer the other day, this was an ebay item and came as it is on the car, the paint is spot on so as soon as i got home it went on

My dark angle eyes went on the other day so will update this later.
Back to top Go down
BMW Steve
Admin
BMW Steve

PostSubject: Re: My BMW E36 Convertable   My BMW E36 Convertable I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 9:04 pm

Bit of an Update

After having some problems with my radiator or should i say radiator's as i sent 2 back and ended up fitting a 2nd hand unit from a 2.5 that i got from ebay and the problem has gone away.

I also fitted my new angle eye head lights, so to day i gave the car a good wash and polish and then went to a nice quiet location and had a little photo shoot

I am looking at getting some new wheels as well and thought some thing with a nice dish at the rear, the link beow are the wheels that may be on the car soon, what do you think

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
BMW Steve
Admin
BMW Steve

PostSubject: Re: My BMW E36 Convertable   My BMW E36 Convertable I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 6:53 pm

Bit of an Update

This little lot was fitted several weeks ago

Coilovers for my e36, they are from germany and not your cheep stuff from china, i need to improve the ride hight and raise the rear and lower the front just a little bit as i should have some new wheels soon and they are a bit wide and with the rear being as low as it is at the moment they wont go on....

The rear's have been powder coated in white and the front's are polished

I also got hold of an M3 front bumper and another boot lid, they were fettled with and painted / fitted, the badges were removed and ever thing smothed. The car now looks as it should do, mint, clean, and white.

Next

Well i decided to jack the car up and give the wheel arches and the underneath a little TLC, every thing got a good old scrubb and then i decided to paint every thing with some underseal mixed with wax oil, it looked a treat when i had finished and has given the underneath a new lease of life.

Also all the discs and pads have been replace with uprated discs and green stuff pads
(New stuff not shown in the picks)

Back to top Go down
BMW Steve
Admin
BMW Steve

PostSubject: Re: My BMW E36 Convertable   My BMW E36 Convertable I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 7:01 pm

I mentioned in another post that my fan was coming in to contact with the radiator causing it to split it and I had to replace it twice, I have now found out Y and resolved this problem.

It was down to worn or should I say non existent front engine mounts, they have now been replaced with new ones and the engine is sitting in the correct position and not moving around every time I go forward, backwards etc,

The sump was resting on the sub frame underneath so it was a good job that was picked up, could have been a cracked sump or worse.

Also I have been loosing lots of hydraulic fluid and I thought it was my steering rack, turns out it was the steering pump so that has been replaced and then the starter motor has decided to make lots of rattling noise so I have replaced that as well.

MOT TIME

To top it off the car was MOT,d last week and it failed due to the head lights, they were sold to me as UK lights but turned out to be continental so i borrowed a set of head lights so it can be retested. (Thanks Dean)

Also brought a set of standered lights and indicators from one of the lads on the e36 forum and fitted them to keep things standered

Bit of a Result

As the rear window zip is nackerd the rain pours through, dident realise how much until this morning when i put the roof down to air the car and dry it out a little, i looked in the area where the roof drops down in to and had my own little pool area, after pulling out the drain pipe and blowing it clear the water soon drained away, this prompted me to go on ebay and then talk to a lad who has just had a head on in his 98 reg 328 vert, with another car, so his hard top and black soft top roof will be mine in 2 weeks, so resault for me "i think", the roof is silver but that will be white by the end of the month and the newish roof is in a far better condition then my one so no more wet seats.......

The car with the old light on

Now with the standerd lights on, going to look for some angel eye,s to fit inside the lights at a later date

Also,
For some reason I could not get the boot open, fearing the worst we decided to google "bmw e36 boot wont unlock" and that came back with some good tips, in the end I removed the number plate, Jason (Absolut Audio) drilled a 1inc hole at the centre point behind the number plate under the lock and that gave you access to the rod that unlocks the boot lock, that was pushed up with a set of long nose pliers and hay presto. It turned out that the lock actuator had moved so that was put in the correct position and securely screwed down and all is now as it should be. We then put some sealant around the hole, stuck a grommet in there and stuck the number plate back on
. :
Back to top Go down
dean
REPPING WILTSHIRE
dean

Number of posts : 130
Drives:. : R.I.P Lana
Registration date : 2009-07-31

Character sheet
cruisers:

PostSubject: Re: My BMW E36 Convertable   My BMW E36 Convertable I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 11:55 am

Looks awesome dude, gotta say, it did look awesome with orange indicators all round Wink joking mate.

Get smoked indicators it'll suit the car and give it an aggressive look in peoples rear view mirror!
Back to top Go down
BMW Steve
Admin
BMW Steve

PostSubject: Re: My BMW E36 Convertable   My BMW E36 Convertable I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 1:28 pm

Dean, found that BMW bonnit badge and the tray for the centre bit, its yours next time your in the area
Back to top Go down
suggs_292

Number of posts : 6
Drives:. : a car
Registration date : 2009-12-04

PostSubject: Re: My BMW E36 Convertable   My BMW E36 Convertable I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 4:46 pm

LOVELY CAR THAT, VERY RARE TO SEE A CABBY AS WELL!!
Back to top Go down
BMW Steve
Admin
BMW Steve

PostSubject: Re: My BMW E36 Convertable   My BMW E36 Convertable I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 7:36 pm

Bit of an Up Date:

Well, several weeks ago i picked up the 2 roofs, a hard top and another soft top. Moleman helped or should i say replaced the rear window on the black mint soft top i brought and we fitted that and the hard top has now had a coat of paint and the windows have been tinted.

Let me know what you think

Hard top on but still silver

Now all white and window tinted, dark at the rear and legal to the sides but dose look cool

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/quote]

I re-did the boot as it was a mess with a twin 10inc kicker subb box and cables every where and No space in the boot for shopping, after ripping it all out and fitting a space saver 10inc box cut out to house a 12inc kicker comp VX and hiding it behind a nice carpeted wall with the amps mounted on it and all the cables are hidden away as well

I also removed the rear lights and fitted a set of smoked lights as i think they look better on the white car

Hope you like it Smile
Back to top Go down
solly

solly

Number of posts : 19
Drives:. : Mr2 & focus
Registration date : 2009-01-04

Character sheet
cruisers:

PostSubject: Re: My BMW E36 Convertable   My BMW E36 Convertable I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 10:09 pm

Looking good Smile
Back to top Go down
BMW Steve
Admin
BMW Steve

PostSubject: Re: My BMW E36 Convertable   My BMW E36 Convertable I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 7:59 pm

Bit of an Up Date

Well i got some new wheels care of BM Motor Sport, they arrived wednesday so went to fit them when i got home so i could go to the meet with new bling bling and found that the rear left wheel was resting on the back box, I left the car jacked up till morning and went to Absolute Audio for some wheel spacers to move the wheel a little bit, i fitted 5mm spacers each side, so problem resolved, I spent most of the day today giving the car a good clean and she looks sweet, picks below for every one to drool over

Back to top Go down
Stevo
Secondary Admin
Stevo

Number of posts : 940
Drives:. : LIKE HE STOWL IT....obviously not
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: My BMW E36 Convertable   My BMW E36 Convertable I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 12:35 am

PICTURE WHORE.

LOVE IT Very Happy Cars coming along nicely dude, really nice indeed....feeling that alot.....wheels set it off a treat.

Dont sell her!!
Back to top Go down
BMW Steve
Admin
BMW Steve

PostSubject: Re: My BMW E36 Convertable   My BMW E36 Convertable I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 5:14 pm

Bump
Back to top Go down
SCHNITZER JAY

SCHNITZER JAY

Number of posts : 234
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: My BMW E36 Convertable   My BMW E36 Convertable I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 11:49 pm

i have a bra still for one of these mate if ever feel the need used once
Back to top Go down
BMW Steve
Admin
BMW Steve

PostSubject: Re: My BMW E36 Convertable   My BMW E36 Convertable I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 11:09 am

SCHNITZER JAY wrote:
i have a bra still for one of these mate if ever feel the need used once

Intrested, how much do you want to rob from me then
Back to top Go down
jpendragon

jpendragon

Number of posts : 128
Drives:. : Toyota Celica GT
Registration date : 2009-01-01

Character sheet
cruisers:

PostSubject: Re: My BMW E36 Convertable   My BMW E36 Convertable I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 5:24 pm

looking very good indeed mate, rims set it off nicely as well Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BMR-Linz
*** PIH PROMO GIRL ***
BMR-Linz

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: My BMW E36 Convertable   My BMW E36 Convertable I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 1:33 pm

Looking lovely Steve, i'll get pic's of mine up soon Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My BMW E36 Convertable   My BMW E36 Convertable I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My BMW E36 Convertable
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: GERMAN-
Jump to: